Basic Life Support Training
The Basic Life Support certification is a valuable certification for healthcare providers. The BLS Course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED. In this Instructor-led course, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students also complete a written exam.
The course covers the following topics:
• High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
• The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
• Use of an AED
• Effective ventilations using a barrier device
• Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
• Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
The next BLS Training will be held on Saturday December 2nd from 9am to 11am at the Celebrate Birth birth center, located at 1525 Edgewater Beach Drive in Lakeland. The cost is $30 per participant, which includes a certification card. To register, find the event on our calendar and click on the "Register" button and complete the required fields.